Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Rite of Passage

I feel as though I have passed an important milestone on my journey from Software Engineer to Rancher. No longer can our neighbors look down on me as a poser, pretender, wanna-be, or goat-roper. Now, I don't think any of our neighbors actually did look down their noses and call me names, but the point is that they could have and they would have been right...until now.

My rancher credit is now certified, justified, and bona fide. I have everything I need to be able to fit right in. I no longer have to worry about what everyone will think of my pale skin and baby-soft hands because I have ... a John Deere up on blocks!

Now, technically, it is a tractor up on block, but I have all the technical skills required to add an additional block, so I'm not really concerned about details.

No applause, please, just throw money...

No comments: